Oh. My. Goodness. Guys, we’ve finally made it to summer here in Edmonton and I’m just loving all the sunny days and warm weather. For the past couple of weeks, Bean and I have been spending as much time as we can out on balcony soaking up the sun. Actually, Matt and I hardly see Bean anymore because he’s always outside.
Probably the most exciting thing that happened this month was that Matt and I celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary. It was pretty low-key, Matt and I just went to Sorrentino’s Downtown for dinner. But I always look forward to dressing up, going out to a nice restaurant, and getting to be the girl on Matt’s arm.
Our new car also arrived this month and now that it’s nice out Matt and I have been finding every excuse we can to take it out for a drive.
My other big announcement is that I’ve [obviously] made some big changes to the blog! After getting some much needed advice from my super talented sister-in-law Kristi from Making It In the Mountains, I decided it was time to switch to a new, more sophisticated platform. Not going to lie, the whole process took a lot longer then I expected, but now that I’ve finished making the switch I couldn’t be happier with how much better everything looks!
Goals for Next Month
- Cleaning up my diet and hitting all my workouts. If I’m being totally honest with myself, I’ve been slacking a bit this month. I’d like to get back into a solid routine for a few weeks before we go on holidays at the end of June. Last weekend I updated my workout program and I’m hoping the new program will be just what I need to feel motivated again.
- Get into a regular blogging routine. Now that the new blog is up and running, I’m really looking forward to writing more and establishing a bit of a schedule when it comes to posting.
Other Things I’ve Been Loving…
- I recently picked up this book by Mark Manson. So far I’m loving Mark Manson’s brutally honest advice about finding what is important to you and letting go of everything else.
- A couple weeks ago I came across this song on Google Play Music and I’ve had it on repeat ever since!
- Two weeks ago I picked up a copy of the Magnolia Table cookbook. This book is loaded with recipes for classic comfort food including Chicken Pot Pie, Shepherd’s Pie, and Almond Chicken Tenders. I’m really excited to dive in and try some of them out!
- I’ve also been slowly working my way through my 2018 Summer Bucket List. Just this passed weekend, my friend Karly and I took a road trip out to Red Deer to check out the Doughnut Mill along Gasoline Alley. On the way there, we stopped at 3 other doughnut shops, Destination Doughnuts, Ohana Donuterie, and Frickin Delights. After trying doughnuts from all 4 shops, I have to say my favorite shop was Destination Doughnuts. The staff were all super friendly and they even let us taste test some new flavors! This cute little shop is located along 124th Street here in Edmonton, and I would highly recommend stopping by if you are ever in the area.
- And I’m SO excited to finally pull out all of my summer favorites!
What I’m looking forward to next month…
- Our road trip through BC! So far we are planning to check out Whistler, Tofino, Harrison Hot Springs, and Vernon. Can’t wait!
- More blog posts! I’ve got so many ideas, I feel like I can’t get them written fast enough.
One thing I am grateful for…
- Having awesome girl friends who are completely on board with eating doughnuts all day.